The initial session is 90 min during which, the first 30 min is assessment and diagnostics. Your needs will be defined and agreed on, any health concerns will be addresses, your level of fitness and practice are taken into consideration, you will be asked number of health questions to establish your goals and ability. Following within the same 90 min initial consultation is 60 min of guided generic sequence with your needs in mind e.g. you may aim at addressing back pain, yoga for pregnancy, anxiety, mental health, weight loss, sleeping difficulties etc. This will allow the therapist an opportunity to establish further a more specific bespoke practice for you. The session can be recorded if you desire so and the recording can serve further as your reminder and home maintenance practice until your next appointment.
A second follow up session of 60 min is recommended where you will be given your own personal practice based on the findings of the initial consultation. You can decide to book further more classes and work with your therapist under supervision (we recommend this approach), or try your new sequence at home alone.
Block follow up package at reduced rate is available to give you a chance to establish comfortable routine.
Yoga Therapy is used as a supplementing tool along with your current medical treatment (if any is done) to serve as a catalyst for the natural body’s ability to heal and reestablish balance.
Yoga therapy is very beneficial for the following conditions:
* Back pain
- Pregnancy and post pregnancy
- Sleeping problems
- Mental wellness through mindfulness
- Hight blood pressure, diabetes and high levels of cholesterol (along with diet alignment)
- Weight management (along with diet alignment)
- During breast cancer recovery
- Management of pre-menopausal symptoms
- Digestive disorders
- Various physical problems – tight hips, sport injuries and rehabilitation, joints problems, and other.
Stamena is a qualified Yoga teacher (YTT) who has been teaching and offering Yoga therapy full time for over 13 years. She has attended number of YTT training courses, Yoga Anatomy and Physiology, Philosophy and Mindfulness practices in RSA and India with some world renown teachers, few to mention – Kerry Weaving (RSA), Andreas Bothner (RSA), Michael Gannon (USA), Matthew Sweeney (AUS), Shri, Ramesh (Mysore, India), Sri Badri (Mysore, India), Swami Yogasagar (Satyananda lineage).
She spent many years researching, studying and applying the benefits of Yoga, Yoga poses sequencing for therapy and Yogic Nutrition in helping with various health issues. Yoga as a therapy is a powerful catalyst that works in support of many current medical treatments and can provide natural way of letting the body come back to balance.
Over the years Stamena has built knowledge and experience in assisting with various physical, mental and emotions well-being aspects:
- Low back issues and back problems
- Digestive wellness
- Sports injuries rehabilitation and prevention
- Stress, anxiety
- Control of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes (along with diet assessment and alignment)
- Control of menopause symptoms – hot flushes, forgetfulness, disturbed night sleep
- Mindfulness – improved concentration, focus and mental wellness
- Yoga therapy before and during pregnancy
- Sleeping problems
- Weight control and weight loss
- And other
Furthering her nutritional studies, In 2017, Stamena completed an Advanced Diploma in Nutrition and Weight Management through Future Fit School of Nutrition, UK which has added to her portfolio further offering like:
Nutrition and weight management
Behaviour of change
Child’s nutrition and obesity prevention
Pre and Post natal Nutrition
YTT 200,Haum of Yoga (Yoga Alliance accredited), RSA
YTT 200 Mysore Ashtanga Yoga, India
dip(Nut) FFSN, UK
Day’s at Neal’s Yard
Thursdays, 9h30 – 13h30